ADA Compliant Youtube Video
Barnes Creative Studios (BCS) has developed a solution to make ADA Compliant Youtube video, In addition to our Matterport ADA compliant virtual tours. ADA (The Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance means making your service or product accessible to people with disabilities and it was amended to include websites in 2008.
Up until now, there was not a streamlined solution to make ADA compliant Youtube video. Many believe that Youtube videos are ADA compliant which is incorrect. While Youtube does have captions available inside their players they are missing many other elements you need to make a video ADA compliant. BCS has created a solution which is an embedded player which converts your Youtube video to an ADA Compliant Youtube video presentation in a sleek, easily embeddable player.
BCS Has an Exclusive Player that Adheres to Accessibility Guidelines
BCS exclusively provides our custom ADA compliant Youtube video player that adheres to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). WCAG define how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities. Accessibility involves a wide range of disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning and neurological. Watch the video below for a quick less than 2 minute feature overview. If you would like to take a deep dive on ADA Compliancy check out this video series on ADA compliant virtual tours.
BCS offers a solution which directly adheres to the “WCAG 2.0 guidelines 1.2 for time-based media: providing alternatives for time-based media”. This includes “audio and/or video combined with interaction”. The accessible alternative version of our ADA compliant virtual tour contains:
- Alternative Video Presentation with Incorporated Descriptions
- Audio Description Track (Prerecorded)
- Live Captions
To produce an ADA compliant Youtube video, we will need a few items from you so we can craft your ADA version of the video and send you an embed code to implement your video on any website. Below is an example of an ADA compliant Youtube video which is a difficult implementation because there was no room for the necessary description. In this case we had to make room inside the alternative video presentation.
What Happens Next?
- We create the alternative pre-recorded video guided video with the necessary audio descriptions and add a voice over (you have choice of male or female voice).
- We create a “vtt file” that will add live synchronized closed captions to the above video.
- We create a separate mp3 file that will serve as the prerecorded audio description.
- We create a high contrast .txt file that serves as the transcript.
- We program all of these necessary media items into our proprietary ADA compliant player. The player will deliver the ADA compliant experience serving both your original Youtube video and an ADA compliant Youtube video version all within one streamlined player. This player has special programming features that are required from the WCAG 2.0 Guidelines. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that works in concert with screen readers.
- We deliver you a simple embed code that you will use to implement this ADA compliant version of your Youtube video.
What Does The Process Cost?
- FULL SERVICE Production Setup Fee (one time, per tour, non refundable): $599.00 (up to 3 minutes) + $99 for each additional 0-60 seconds.
Yearly Server Fee (recurring, cancel anytime): $29.00
You will be invoiced upon successfully submitting your required media items. Work will begin once payment is complete.