Matterport ADA Compliant Virtual Tours
Barnes Creative Studios (BCS) has developed a solution to make Matterport ADA compliant virtual tours. ADA (The Americans with Disabilities Act) compliance means making your service or product accessible to people with disabilities and it was amended to include websites in 2008. You can also find more information about our service on Matterport’s official website.
Up until now, there was not a streamlined solution to make Matterport virtual tours compliant. BCS has created a solution. Introducing an embedded player which not only provides AA compliant virtual tours, but also can be used for older virtual tours you already have in your catalog. Also, as an added bonus your search engine optimization will be amplified.
BCS Has an Exclusive Player that Adheres to Accessibility Guidelines
BCS exclusively provides our custom ADA compliant virtual tours that adhere to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). WCAG define how to make web content more accessible to people with disabilities. Accessibility involves a wide range of disabilities, including visual, auditory, physical, speech, cognitive, language, learning and neurological. Watch the video below for a quick less than 2 minute feature overview. If you would like to take a deep dive on ADA Compliancy check out this video series on ADA compliant virtual tours.
BCS offers a solution which directly adheres to the “WCAG 2.0 guidelines 1.2 for time-based media: providing alternatives for time-based media”. This includes “audio and/or video combined with interaction”. The accessible alternative version of our ADA compliant virtual tour contains:
- Alternative Pre-Recorded Video Guided Virtual Tour
- Audio Description (Prerecorded)
- Live Captions
To produce an ADA compliant Matterport virtual tour, we will need a few items from you so we can craft your ADA version of the tour and send you an embed code to implement your tour for your client. Below is a Matterport virtual tour example provided by Oak Creek Homes which has been converted to be ADA Compliant.
What Happens Next?
- We create the alternative pre-recorded video guided virtual tour and add a voice over (you have choice of male or female voice).
- We create a “vtt file” that will add live synchronized closed captions to the above video.
- We create a separate mp3 file that will serve as the prerecorded audio description.
- We create a high contrast .txt file that serves as the transcript.
- We program all of these necessary media items (max of 25 scenes) into our proprietary ADA compliant player. The player will deliver the ADA compliant experience serving both your original Matterport tour and an ADA compliant version all within one streamlined player. This player has special programming features that are required from the WCAG 2.0 Guidelines. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that works in concert with screen readers.
- We deliver you a simple embed code that you will use to implement this ADA compliant version of your Matterport tour.
What Does The Process Cost? There are 2 options
- FULL SERVICE Production Setup Fee (one time, per tour, non refundable): $599.00
- SELF SERVICE DISCOUNT Production Setup Fee (one time, per tour, non refundable): $399.00
Yearly Server Fee (recurring, cancel anytime): $29.00
You will be invoiced upon successfully submitting your required media items. Work will begin once payment is complete. For the self service discount you will be responsible for providing still images from your tour to be used in the alternative version, as well as written descriptions for each image. Once you place an order you will receive written instructions with details and specs for the Self Service discounted rate. We do not offer any assistance for these assets beyond instructions.