Stats Don't Lie - Virtual Tours Convert Customers
Virtual tour photography is an art that gets butts into beds. There are reasons that many of the most successful brands are investing into digitizing their entire properties. Pictures move people more than words which was proved by Google in a recent virtual tour study. Google found that those who view a listing with a virtual tour are twice as likely to be interested in booking a reservation there. And among 18-34 year-olds in particular, prospects are 130% more likely to book based on a tour. That’s powerful information.
Omni Hotels and TIG Global have carried out research which revealed that when hotel websites featured a virtual tour, bookings increased and conversion rates were boosted between 16% and 67%. A virtual tour gives a guest a sense of place that immediately builds trust. Virtual Tour photography will make a potential guest feel like they have been there before and calm anxiety as they are seeing exactly what they are booking at your hotel.
5 Compelling Reasons to Invest in Virtual Tour Photography
- Seeing is believing – customers are tired of being deceived by doctored images when booking hotels. With the prominence of 360 imagery a virtual tour has become the norm and expected.
- Social media converts – offer your value proposition in social media to get the attention of travelers in buying mode. Take it a step further and put your entire property on Google Maps for them to explore even more.
- Group sales – virtual tours are the ultimate group sales tool. Your sales team can quickly share your entire property for a potential large sale on Zoom or via email. Having virtual tours at the ready is the difference when locking in group business. Context sells.
- Customer is king – in a recent client case study by one of our customers they tested media in a focus group asking which customers preferred when booking…virtual tours, photos or videos. 72% said virtual tours would make them more likely to book over photos or videos.
- Client happiness – “Never before has a guest been able to walk through an ‘actual experience’ before they buy. The virtual tours and our property video from Barnes Creative Studios will help convert sales like no other media we have used in the past.” – Ross Stevenson, GM at Cap Maison.o